January 27, 2010

The Veil

The fact that a Twelve is happy to donate two Electrons to the pool is really good news since it gives me a target that will be easy to leave. The double attractive charge makes it a better anchor than an Eleven so I kept a ping on the Twelve and tracked it. Sweeping the area and the trigger point, I began to spot several Twelves intermixed with the Elevens.

The next trigger pulse arrived via the thin network tendril that made the other connection to the trigger, and fired across the gap. Pumping a small pool of electrons outward into a surrounding mesh of tendrils, the trigger pulse excited the Electron pools in each of the tendrils, which send them off down their length and down the main pathway that I had been cycling in.

Observing Electrons hop from the trigger to the tendrils was most informative. Many of the trades were close to exact and very difficult to detect, but detect them I could, now that I was so close. The Twelves were key to this, as they had the uncanny ability to handle two electrons in opposite directions at the same time. Without a Twelve to hide the Electrons from each other as they passed, the trigger never fires.

No comments: