January 16, 2010

Propelled

As the photons approached, they all crossed through a point behind me. The crossing action set up an interference pattern that I had never scanned before, and the pattern itself simply came at me like a moving wall, propelling me ahead of it. With a slightly blurred scan, I observed the photons continue on slightly bent paths, back into the Fifteen-Eight tags.

Clever how the photons were ejected only to be blasted at neighboring atoms and subsequently caught by electrons in orbit. Either these Electrons were well trained and had perfect timing, or this particular combination of atoms simply had no way to fail in this task. If I could flip my spin to make the choice, I would, but that's where I've been and not where I'm going.

Scanning forward was also distorted, but in a different way. Things were arriving slightly quicker than I would have expected, but the adjustment was easy. Especially since I recognized the attractive nature of an Eleven that might be close enough to my path. The Eleven was held in position by the invisible grip by a ring of Eights that were attached to Sixes in the mesh network. While I was not going to smash into the nucleus of the Eleven, this could get very close, very quick.

No comments: