January 22, 2010

Cascade Confusion

I shut down the ultra spin and began a quick scan of the massing Electrons. As they continued to pair up, they began to resist the forces holding them in check. Scanning toward the apex of the mesh network, I made out the impression of a number of Elevens and what I thought was a Twenty. As I began to focus on the anomalous reading, the first pair of Electrons jumped off the apex and began their journey along the network conduit.

I didn't bother to count the number of Electrons that had amassed on the mesh, I really didn't need to. Given one chance in two that there was an odd number, I might be able to catch a last femtosecond pairing. I picked a new spin plane so that my mega taps would cross the path of the moving Electrons, aim slightly into the oncoming stream.

Just as I fired the first tap in a pairing request, the rest of the Electrons on the mesh began a mass exodus. As some pairs got caught on the mesh, other pairs were repulsed around the laggards. In the ensuing confusion, there was a pool of de-pairing Electrons right in my path. Down went the ultra spin once again, which shifted my position slightly. That is when I heard a familiar tappity-tap-tap from right next door.

No comments: