January 23, 2010

Network Entry

The pairing request was accepted, automatically and eagerly. Once the connection was made, we travelled in a nearly straight line toward the receptor entrance, and in less time that I had to deep-scan ahead, we were travelling along the familiar fast pathways that dominate the central network. So much nicer for me that rinding a ringlet through the soup network, out of control and with few friends.

The thrill of motion once again washed my scanning system in a shimmer. Moving toward a vibration source makes it look like it is wiggling faster than it is, and when speeds vary like they often do in these faster networks, the shifts become telltale. If I had never taken that journey into the soup like that, I might never have noticed that there were steady patterns to be found.

Except for the occasional pause to loop around an Eleven, and take a glace around, I am just spinning with glee that I can hop from pair to pair and float freely along in this network that is just custom-built for Electrons like me. With so many other Electrons here in the network, nobody notices if I pause to hang out on an Eleven or if I even decide to go in the opposite direction. It's just nice to be back.

No comments: