January 21, 2010

Stop and Hold

The scan cleared and all of the deep signatures were normal. I was no longer moving. In the quiet that began to develop I though I could sense the distant talk taps of Electrons along the mesh, working to pair up. I spun up my nerve and just picked one direction of spin and went with it. Going fast enough, I was able to zoom in on a narrow slice of Electrons on the nearby membrane.

By alternating attempted spins anti-parallel to the spinning plane produces an intense tap effect in the focused line. For any Electron in that line, not only could I hear quite well, but I could send just as loud as if I were next door. The other electrons did not know that I was to far to effectively pair, but then again, did they need to?

Proximity makes it really happen though, and since it takes time for taps to travel, and I can not tap too fast, a local Electron that taps soft and fast will beat my focused staccato mega taps. I got a few gasping responses when I tried, and then was quickly disconnected as local pairings were formed and rapt attention ensued. Where's a good wavefront when you need it?

No comments: