January 6, 2010

Inside the Inside

Whatever this place is, it's fast. Dialing back to a short range and fast scan, the mesh which had ensnared my trusty ringlet was convulsing and contorting around other ringlets in various states of disassembly. Some of the pieces disappeared from my limited scan range, and Fifteens were starting to become a serious interference factor.

I shimmied past the Eight on my Six and ended up on the Fifteen in the middle of the tag unit. Two of the Eights on this tag unit had singleton Ones, which was nice, since I could get a cleaner scan from such a vantage point. For the time that I was on the side of the One opposite the Eight, the scan was clear and long, but I had to make several orbits to compile a complete image. That's when I noticed rolling monsters attached to the mesh and stomping on ringlets.

Some ringlets were not lined up well, and just got pushed into the mesh and rolled over and twisted slightly with respect to the mesh. Ringlets that were lined up were never the same after a rolling. In fact, they were no longer ringlets. Held in place by their Fifteen-Eight tags, they were free to rotate and line up with the next monster rolling their way.

No comments: