January 29, 2010

Set and Snap

Mine was not the only Twelve in the zone, and there was some annoying interference from the Elevens. For the most part, I was able to do-sa-do with either an Eleven or a Twelve. When that didn't work a spin or two in the right place was enough to springboard off of well-oriented One-Eight-One to advance in the desired direction. Moving around is not so much about pushing forward, but more about not getting knocked in a direction you don't really want to go.

The state of affairs in the trigger zone is much quieter than in the rest of the waiting room, which itself is far calmer than some of the large bounded soups that I've encountered in the past. And now, it's getting calmer. The Twelves are nicely arranged like a chain, but slightly separated. There's a Twelve within long-hopping distance at polar opposites to my own Twelve.

As my scan angle swung past perpendicular to the polar axis, I began to pick up a distortion and swung around to focus parallel to the axis. Keeping an outside orbit, I kicked my spin to adjust into a more polar orbit with a slight helical twist to set up a scan for the inbound. These Electrons are to be avoided. Any coming the other way were in for a surprise.

No comments: