January 2, 2010

Approach

The containment mesh that runs parallel to my travel exhibits interesting resiliency. In response to each incoming pulse of soup that travels up the pathway, the mesh expands in diameter, and as the pulse ebbs, getting ready for the next, the meshwork contracts to maintain the flow. Now that I am a few pulse distances away from the driving chamber, I almost don't notice the surge and slow, surge and slow anymore.

If I had to guess what would happen, I would probably be correct, and I would be wrong too. Yes, there were choices ahead, and yes, I stuck with the largest path. Sometimes, good choices are a matter of habit. In this case, I am just enjoying the ride on this ringlet and the scanning has never been better, at least it's good when I can get a clear shot around these dimple packs.

Just a little nudge on with the swap drive, and I was able to clear the path ahead for another scan, just to see what decisions might need to be made. Calibrating for a deep scan, and picking out the absence pattern to Eight-Six-Eights, I began to notice some bursts of noise and interference. It had been quite a while since I had to engage that set of filters, but engage the central network pattern filters I did, and yes, they fit like before. Even though I have to view through the containment mesh, the patterns of the central network are bright and unmistakable.

No comments: