January 19, 2010

Departure Queue

I was just starting to feel familiar with my temporary home here on the suspended Eleven when I spotted another incoming wavefront. Having tracked the Electron that I knocked off, I discovered that I may have made a small mistake. Not something that I could have foreseen, but had I just passed on by, I might be circulating with the rest of the Electrons by now.

From my vantage point, I have been able to perform a few deep scans. There is definitely an attractive force, as if a pool of Elevens are just held on the other side of a thin mesh to which Electrons are attracted, and then at the correct moment, the Elevens are shielded and the Electrons are repelled from the mesh and into the network entry-point. This is where I need to go, and to get there, I've got to get off of this Eleven.

Which brings me back to the incoming wavefront. If I can get things timed correctly, should be able to just cross the near-point of my orbit before the wavefront intersects, I will be moving away, but not to fast, and I should be able to catch a good push. Each time I come round toward the approaching wavefront, I am scanning and judging distance. Can we say Squeak?

No comments: