January 10, 2010

Charged Binary Day!

I had to do a double take when I saw today's date, just to make sure I had the right radix selected. For a moment, I thought I was still in radix-2 bit-twiddle mode. Sometimes I forget, and have to edit, but that's not on the agenda. Now where was I?

Oh yes, getting really bored waiting to see what was going to happen to the triple Fifteen-Eight flagged smashed ringlet & company.

...

Scanning deeply and over longer periods, I confirmed that wherever we were heading, it should be interesting. The start-stop pulse of equalizing with the other triple tagged molecules in this direction was regular and varied. It was the variance that attracted me to this direction. If there had not been some bit of difference from time to time, it would be just another loop or regular process.

Not that there is anything wrong with a regular repeating cycle. It gets things done, and that is pretty much how the swap drive works, when I can get some traction. It is getting harder and harder to do anything with the swap drive, as there are a bunch of double tagged smashed ringlets slipping past now, and it only looks worse ahead. Perhaps this is part of the variance.

I not to much time, the smaller double taggers thinned out, and I began to catch a glimpse of a mesh network up ahead. Composed of the usual mixture of Sixes, Eights and Sevens, and the usual frosting on Ones all over, I began to notice a distinct difference in one region. There was a goodly quantity of charge, all piled up. Several tens of doublings of charge was detectable.

Having been away from a free paring on a flowing sheet of Fifties, or even the bouncy fluff of a gaggle of sodden Eighty-Twos for so long, I was growing accustomed to all of this One-Eight-One soupy goodness. Now here in scanning distance, is a captured bit of charge, and all I can think of is where they are going to go. They won't stay there forever. Even I know this much.

No comments: