January 25, 2010

Silent Walking

Somtimes you do what you have to. While I was struggling to work backward up the control channel, I just could not locate the trigger input in the time I had on each return to the waiting area. Eventually, I had to hop aboard a Twenty, just to avoid another trip along the network. Where I would have waited for an easy Eleven to improve the scanning results, a Twenty was no bother. Thew new techniques produced better results.

Three cycles passed as I was running the deep scan. On the second cycle, I was able to draw a box around the zone of interest, and on the third, I zeroed in on the trigger mechanism. Keeping a ping on the target zone, I started to scan for a hop-path that would get me there and began skipping from atom to atom using well-placed spin-flips to trade positions with other Electrons along the way. That's when I had a curious insight.

If I am able to detect an Electron moving from one point to another, because of the distortion that it makes, and the pulse that I detect. If it moves the other direction, the pulse is reversed. Now, how would one of my swaps look to another observer? If two Electrons trade places, there is no change in charge on either side. With two canceling pulses, can you detect the transfer or that the exchange occurred?

No comments: