January 4, 2010

Collecting Ringlets

After completing the transfer through the mesh network, I found myself floating in a relaxed One-Eight-One soup with several monsters in scanning distance, and a number of threads of long molecules that wound their way through the soup. If I've scanned it before, there is one of them inside this containment mesh. I've seen a Three floating along, and way off in the distance, I can even sense a Fifty-Three.

There are a number of ringlets here too. Many of them have been tagged with a Fifteen surrounded by Eights, attached to the elevated Six. I followed some of these other ringlets to learn of their destiny. Within the volume of this structure, I located a smaller structure that had a very high affinity for these tagged ringlets.

Scanning and tracking one tagged ringlet in particular, it passed through the mesh of the smaller structure, even with the large Fifteen tag attached. Other un-tagged ringlets were admitted as well. Leaving the mesh was a large number of triple-ring structures tagged with a string of three Fifteens, each surrounded by Eights. Ringlets went in, and did not come out.

No comments: