January 20, 2010

Paddle and Drop

Squeak was a wish. I overshot the first three wavefronts, and barely got a push from the fourth. After refining my orbit and approach, I managed to synchronize with another wavefront and catch the lift I was looking for. Good thing these wavefronts repeat, or I might have been stuck with that Eleven for too many orbits to count.

I swung my attention forward and locked on to the mesh that veiled the pool attractive Elevens, while the occasional backward ping monitored the wavefront. I flipped my spin, with little effect on my path, except to discover that the faint attraction of the veiled Elevens was growing stronger. The backward scans revealed that the wavefront was dissipating and receding.

The veiling mesh dominated my forward scan. As I approached, Electrons that had been pulled to the inside of the mesh rapidly popped to the outside. The veiled Elevens were occupied by a few Electrons that were drawn in. The charge shift to the outside of the mesh decelerated me so quickly that my scan results were confused, like just before getting bounced by an impact.

No comments: