September 30, 2009

Transfer

Along with the soup I flowed, riding a hefty Seventy-Nine. Electrons were zipping past and bouncing off the edges of my ride. Propelled as they were, they were going somewhere, and that's a good thing, so I grabbed a laggard passerby Electron and swapped places. I was gone before the laggard realized that they were stuck on a Seventy-Nine.

Following the crowd from a safe distance, I began to detect the now familiar pattern of Seven-Six-Six-Seven-Six-Six tugging and pushing me about. Scanning about, I began to detect a few Elevens. As I approached a larger cluster of Elevens, I spun my way away and headed for one. It was relatively easy since Elevens like to run around a few Electrons shy of a full load.

Latched and locked onto a moving Eleven, it did not take long for me to get back into a node and head for the central network. Arriving, things began to look familiar, and then I began to notice some nuances. The overarching pattern in the central network never seem to stop, bang bang bang, pop pop pop. Perhaps there is an anomoly in the photon detectors.

No comments: