September 29, 2009

Surrounded

It's not a huge sheet of Seventy-Nines, but it's large enough for me to see that there is no way out of here than to ride an Eleven in that strange soup. Opposite the liquid menagerie is the familiar fine lattice that I observed on the outer sheet when I came to this new object. This seems so much like a smaller version of the parallel sheets of Fifties.

The difference are the large Six-Six-Eight chains that populate the One-Eight-One soup. It is into this mix that I must go if I am going to go anywhere, but waiting for an Eleven might take longer than I have, so I began making left turns and scanning the boundary between these Seventy-Nines and the soup. Then I spotted just the ticket.

A single Seventy-Nine was hanging on to only two neighbors, and it looked a little agitated. Add the fact that I slammed my way aboard and kicked another Electron out of orbit and into the connected field, and agitation can become fury. Just after the peak of turmoil, both bonds snapped and this Seventy nine got yanked through the soup. I've never seen so many frightened Eights dragging their Ones so far behind them!

No comments: