September 12, 2009

Pizzazz

I must admit that there's some zip in this little burst. Not nearly as frightening as being ejected by a plasma or jumping off a happy cloud with a several doublings. Altogether fun, even if it is a bit of a bumpy ride. Sure beats being stuck in orbit around an Eleven, trying to avoid dislocation and transfer to the ever present One-Eight-One.

Abruptly, the bumps stopped, and so did we. In that brief pause, I was jostled and tossed many different directions, and spun in three directions at once. After returning, it was amazingly easy to get back into the waiting area and begin another trip. Each time, after the ride, was the same dizzying experience with a different twist or turn thrown in.

Persistence is useful, and after a great many excursions along the bumpy road, I was able to grab hold of an Eleven plus One-Eight-One after the bumpy stretch, but before I returned. Hanging on as long as possible, I experienced the push of many doublings of charge flowing past in a myriad of directions before I dove off to catch the crowd before it left this most interesting of hang outs.

No comments: