November 29, 2009

Pluribus

The flow of One-Eight-Ones continued in the chaotic and haphazard manner, as the Twenty site remained void. I had worked my way nearly to the other end of the chain, and found the far end floating freely in the One-Eight-One soup. Thrashing about on the terminal Eight-One pair, I began an extended scan for Twenties. Faintly, some were detected, so there is at least a finite time before a Twenty drops by to assist the Monster.

I decided to keep the sensitivity up as I flipped back toward the wrapped and trapped end of the chain. As I hopped Eights from ringlet to ringlet, I noticed synchronization in the orbits of the Ones that stud the outside of the monster and the Ones that capped off the Eight-One studs on the ringlets. Had the Monster had altered and adjusted the phase of the Electrons?

Perhaps there was some form of weak paring that occurred, but what is certain is that an Electron is never in the same place, so, there is always part of a One that has a bit more charge and another part that has a bit less charge. If these synchronize, then the Ones will start to believe that they are together with each other. The memory of that time is oh so faint. Maybe it's this picomoment of pull that gives the monster the perplexing phantom grip.

No comments: