November 13, 2009

Dither

With the experience of watching Ben try to become a conductor, I decided that it would be a very good idea to practice hopping from left to right, between the long branch points. Having the wonderful wands of Forty-Sevens helped with the fun part of learning. In not too many tries, I got the path locked in and began travelling farther down each wand with every trip.

Practice makes perfect, and with so many opportunities of late to head for the speedy Forty-Seven wands, it was after just a few of these wanded gatherings that I felt that I could effectively be in both places at once. If the pathways that I travelled was just a bit faster, there would be no doubt as to my co-location, but alas, I am limited by the same restrictions that the network itself abides by. For this reason, I really never see more than half the picture, if that, when zipping back and forth.

It is good, then, that the complex motions occurring during these wanded gatherings are extended and repeated often. It allows the observation of each event from a slightly different perspective. By compiling the set of experiences, a better understanding of the general event is possible. I am amazed that the slow central network can make both of these branch points work simultaneously and in cooperation.

No comments: