October 28, 2009

Sought

The fact that I was moving away from the 876 monster was enough good for me. Long ago, I recognized that I moved best in groups, and I had found a decent one. Even though I was stuck to the outside of an Eleven that would have gladly traded my electronicity to the Nineteen that was following ever so closely. I knew I was better off moving than staying put on that monster.

What had my curiosity most piqued was the fact that this was not random movement, but linear. This is the only explanation for the approach and retreat of the One-Eight(+N)-One that I tracked earlier. While this movement of charge may appear infinitesimal to some, here, it is the maker of success. Failure, while not unknown, is not a viable option, and this was beginning to bother me. Not for the reason that I may be incorrect, but more for the reason that the unknowable has the potential for infinite retribution.

Scanning proved to be the preserver of sanity. I began to detect the tap patterns of something the size of a Twenty-Nine or a Thirty. To my delight, we had found friendly assistance in a time of need, and all that remains is to make contact. Course dead ahead, looking for the Landing Zone.

No comments: