October 20, 2009

Enamour

I realize that I've made this monster somewhat simpler that it really is, but that's because I was looking at things from a very broad perspective. If there is any one trick that I can propagate, it is the ability to get a good look at the entire situation before delving into the details. This is one of the reasons that I just stay away from the ever-massive Seven-Six-Six-repeating-chains.

Looking at each of the five double-ring structures of this monster, It becomes apparent that this inner double ring of Eights really belongs to the attached sub-groups of atoms, rather than to the central core. This explains some of the oddball angles that I see, but likely has allot to do with the Sixes and the fact that they take up to four other atoms all equidistant on their sphere. That makes a very interesting shape.

Four points, four planes. Each plane a triangle, that is equilateral, and yet, a Six just does this without effort. It just happens with these things. Perhaps it has to do with the way we Electrons work, staying as far away as we can. To me, this seems natural, and yet, in the world of atoms, only the Six, so far, has such pristine symmetry and capability.

No comments: