June 26, 2010

Wisps for the Ear

Nimbly maneuvering themselves, the split pair from the Shorties re-united in orbit about the Seven to which the slide-talker had been residing since first observed. I relied on the station-keepers for information as they monitored their other halves down on the Seven that resided between the Sixes making up the long Seven-Six-Six backbone. Had it been the case that the chatter was coming from a monster, I would have likely ignored it into oblivion.

The Pilot Electrons were were able to keep their shorties in good position. This segment of backbone was freely accessible from the One-Eight-One soup that was unique to the central network, and this afforded the best possibility of successful capture and retrieval. I was, therefore, excited at the prospect of expanding my network.

Scanning intently, I received monotonic chatter from the vicinity of the chatty slide-talker. I recognized the syncopation immediately as pulses from the away pair. The station-keepers on the shorties kept me informed of the finer details as they processed the nuances that only a local receiver could comprehend. It became apparent that the slide talker had certain favorite frequencies that they relied upon, and each time they switched, so did the away pair. Their goal was to get noticed and strike up a conversation.

No comments: