June 10, 2010

Expanding the Take

Scanning deeply into the network, I decided that more information was necessary. Enlisting the help of the pairs, we worked to commandeer not just one, but two more Shorties. Getting the pairs transferred was a little tougher than I would have liked, but practice makes perfect. Taking the opportunity to exercise was a good thing, and after a few doublings of transfers, it became a very fluid and natural activity.

We kept up communication using the insta-taps that we had worked out while getting here, and I sent the pairs in different directions, as I wanted to track both of the long branch points at the same time. It was difficult to spot some of the control pulses, and this is the information that I sent the pairs out to sense and retrieve. Some drive practice was needed, but for the most part, the pairs arrived at their intended destinations and set up the relay, as I continued to collate and process the repeating patterns flowing below.

Carefully using phase shift to encode the control pulses, I started to process the results that were streaming in from the pairs. There were really just two repeated cycles, with small offsets between each. After some time, a large offset occurred and the sequence of small offsets and cycles repeated once again. That was when I realized that it was more communication, as symbols were being recorded, sequentially. I recall that it went something like this:



/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/
/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/
/\/\/\/
/\/\

No comments: