June 24, 2010

Conquest Launch

I locked in on the chatty pair, locked on their Seven, which was flanked by Sixes in a traditional Seven-Six-Six chain. While the BA pair was closest, there was some drift in play, so I did not reveal who I thought the primary was going to be. Rather, I started to highlight the blips of noise that the slide-talker was creating on the channel that we were currently using.

Then I began to switch frequencies with the pairs, again, illuminating the now familiar noise shift that the slide talker continued to produce as it careened across the frequency spectrum. Soon, it was a game of pick the frequency and spot the glitch. Soon, BA discovered that they were receiving the glitchy-ticks just a moment before AB. The roles were now set and my assistance for this task was complete.

Performing independently, the Pairs set out on their Shorties with the task of recruiting the chatty slide-talker. They were running silent, not emitting marker beacons, and occasionally bursting between themselves on a local channel. From my position, I could see the burst, but the decode fell apart. This was something that they would discover in due time. For now, I was enjoying the dance of the Shorties as they stalked their new prey.

No comments: