June 12, 2010

Healthy Chaos, Delayed

The bypass cable was installed again, but I spotted it's unique layering of Twenty-Nines in the core, a thin sheet of Twenty-Eights coated with Seventy-Nines and fused with a mixture of Fifties, some Forty-Sevens and a smattering of Twenty-Nines throughout for strength.

I made sure that the counter did not move again, as I waited for the repeating sequence to cease and the generator to come back online.



I scanned over at the abandoned Shorty, wobbling along the meshwork, Seven held high. The training was fading as the hop rate slowed and the Seven dove toward the meshwork, a mode change inevitable. Soon, the second Shorty dropped and flopped. I was impressed and told the pairs so. Inwardly, I was pleased that both pairs had trained the locals and achieved equal results.

The five of us turned our attention back to the randomizing discontinuity that rose within the unresolved patterns. Fragments bounced and collided, releasing other patterns from within the deep recesses of the central network. It was the raucous and flowing nature of the patterns that I found so intriguing. The odd lack of structure and the changes in direction that the patterns took was unlike the regimented and organized signals that promulgated through the network during periods of full activity.

No comments: