June 22, 2010

When the Noise is Not

I had to reached the practical limit of quality communication with the pairs, and set up as a relay point, allowing the pairs to pass test data, mainly composed of randomized talk-tap symbols. I worked to accurately reproduce the patterns directly, rather than receive, decode and re-transmit each symbol. This improved the link performance by reducing delay in the channel. I had little difficulty managing the relay and continuing to observe the slide-talking chatty pair.

Handling the conversation with my remote pairs while observing was not an overly complex task, and I still had plenty of opportunity to direct the Shorty, move, shift and generally monitor the central network all at the same time. While it might be possible to handle three times as many conversations simultaneously, I saw no need to do so. I had a better idea.

While I found the slide-talker to be rather annoying, it was an interference source that I had to contend with. The way they were chatting, they used frequency slides and shifts to add punch and spice to their exchange, all things that did not improve the effectiveness of the communication. It was little more than basic game of tag, from what I was able to gather. While I was interested in their skills, I was driven by two other foci. First was the need to recruit many more pairs into service. Second was the advancement of my own faithful AB and BA pairs.

No comments: