November 3, 2010

A Token Revealed

It had been a long time since I had been blasted to such a degree. While it was not as disconcerting as being propelled by a plasma at distorting speeds, it did upset my orientation and perspective. I tired to tap out a sequence to get the electron network to record the cascade, but I never received the acknowledgement, so I doubted that I even had a valid connection.

As the cascade subsided, I pulled and pushed a number of times on my spin vector and translated the remaining impulses into cancellation. The return of stability brought the network back on line; still abuzz with chatter and exhibiting increased noise on a swath of channels. Scanning once again, I located a numbered marker, and another, finally discovering that I had shifted position once again.

Aiming for the photon detector processing subsystem, I confirmed my suspicions, catching a nearly full amplitude signal that was rife with the high frequency wave form. This explained the noise on the network as I shut down the offending frequency bands. Random time was over, and so were my high bandwidth operations.

I fired off an inquiry on one of the remaining control channels, and waited the increased time for the response while they looked up the token counters. The reply of "dba" became the starting point from which I clicked backward twice. I had my answer. Apparently, "day" was recognized by the construct, and the network, which had a greater recognition because it was the start of one. Judging from the shaking I took, I would have to say that "day" is a very important word.

No comments: